Sunday 6 January 2013

New Year Resolutions!

Now that we are having to take down all our lovely Christmas decorations, it reminds me that I really should start making my presents and decorations earlier this year! At my studio in The Biscuit Factory, I sold the only two 'proggy wreaths' I had made within half an hour of my studio opening for the Ouseburn Open Studios event, fabulous but frustrating when I did not have time to make more - as they had taken about 6 hours to make, each!

July is probably a good time to start, or even earlier for many people. My children and other family members, always like something made for Christmas: my husband likes to have a pair of socks, as do a few other family and friends; some friends like to have a silk and tweed recycled covered diary and notebook; my children and friend's children, love to have a new 'friend' knitted! It's always great fun coming up with new designs, working with different materials to create just the right gift.

When I start to think about this, I should probably be starting NOW! But, now that the decorations are down, I feel that I would like to make some Winter decorations, which may then lead me to making some Spring decorations - that will keep me out of trouble, on top of the real work I have to do!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, welcome to blogland!!! I've a plan to make the Christmas placemats that I didn't make in time for last Christmas and still hadn't made this time around! There are just too many distractions!!!

    ReplyDelete