Sunday 27 January 2013

Embroidered Fox

I have been troubling myself this week about how to finish off this picture I have embroidered of a fox. I was lucky enough to see a fox out in the snow whilst walking my dog very early one day this week, which inspired me. But, because the embroidered fox is quite detailed, I cannot decide whether to do quite a stylised background, or continue with lots of detail. Troubling! Maybe, sometime this week, I'll get my head round it! I have also been busy with the mat-making course in Sunderland. I find it takes quite alot of preparation, looking for materials for the following week, washing and drying them - especially as most of the fabric is from old wool coats I find in the charity shops. Then there's the lesson planning and collecting the equipment from my studio, as I can't store it at home. The children's craft club was great again this week, 30 children turned up (there was lots of lovely snow outside to compete with!).It was remarkably calm, and the children all seemed confident in what they were doing, so the session was an absolute delight! Currently, I am completing some projects for the Shipley Art Gallery in Gateshead, one I am particulary excited by is a 'Union' Flag, progged in green, salmon and violet. It looks fab! It has been made by local young women.
A fun and creative activity the girls and I are up to this afternoon, is making hankies for Grandma, using their old Summer cotton dresses and the lovely new sewing machines they had for Christmas. I think Grandma will love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment